Brows for me, are one of the most important features of my face. Over the years I’ve gone from having very thick brows to plucking them super thin to my current brows. I get my brows threaded by Celyn at Salon Nia and I honestly don’t trust anyone else with them (It’s gotten to the point where I have to wait until I come back from uni before I get them done again). If I’m going to lectures, I don’t have the time to do my brows so I’ll simply put on some clear brow gel and go about my day. However, when I do decide to do my brows, I usually switch between a simple brow routine using just a brow pencil and a more detailed brow routine when I’m going on a night out.
Here is my simple brow routine step by step.
Firstly, here is a guidance of where to place the product. You can follow this guideline to make sure that your brows fit the shape of your face perfectly, but at the end of the day, you can draw them as you please. (it was a little difficult to explain this easily, so I have inserted pictures below)
- Take any small make-up brush to be your guideline.
- Place the brush on the edge of the bridge on your nose. Follow your brush up to your brows and this is where your brows should begin.
- Place the brush on your tip of your nose at an angle that goes through the center of your pupil. This is where the arch or high point of your brow should be.
- Finally, place the brush on the side of your nostril so it passes through the outer corner of your eye. That is where the end of your brow should be
- Before I start, I brush through my hairs with a spoolie brush and pluck any strays. I’ve started doing this pretty much every time I do my make-up now because my brow hairs grow pretty fast.
- Taking the spoolie, I brush all my brow hairs upwards. This way I can see the natural shape of my brow underneath. I draw a line across the bottom of my brow using a very light and steady hand.
- Then I brush down my hairs and do the same for the top, following the natural hair until I reach the end of my brow. The hairs at the end of my brow are pretty sparse, so this is where I choose my own shape. You can do whatever shape you want.
- Once I’ve got an outline of my brow I then go in with hair like strokes, to fill in any areas that are sparse. The lighter hand you use the better.
- As I go along, I will continue to brush through my brows with the spoolie in order to make sure that I have no harsh lines or concentrated product.
- Depending on how neat my brow is, I will go in with concealer on a small brush and clean up underneath my brow. I don’t usually clean up the top of my brow unless I am going on a night out.
- Finally, I set my brows with clear brow gel.
Products used: Brow Pencil – I switch it up between Anastasia Beverly Hills brow definer in ebony and Benefit precisely brow pencil in shade number 5. Brow Gel – Anastasia Beverly hills clear brow gel.